Ranged weapons consist of revolvers, shotguns, rifles, and bows. Each weapon has five different rarities: normal (1 star), copper (2 stars), silver (3 stars), gold (4 stars), and legendary (5 stars). They can be upgraded from one tier to the next using ore nuggets, with the exception of legendary weapons, which need to be bought from shops or looted from silver chests (low chance). Each type of ranged weapon benefits from a group of abilities corresponding to that type.
- Aiming with revolvers does not slow down movement speed, whereas aiming with other types of ranged weapons does.
Rifles are powerful long-ranged weapons but have low attack rate.
- The trader at Fort Glenm has high chance to have a legendary bow, together with a legendary Vest, on sale.
- Bows have a unique mechanic that allows the protagonists to stand close to a source of fire or poison and turn arrows into elemental ones. Elemental arrows deal extra damage and can cause burning and poison status respectively. It's also possible to shoot normal arrows through fire or poison to turn them into elemental arrows.
- Bows are also silent weapons and can be used to pick off enemies without alerting others.
- Ol' Blue is a unique Sharpst Quick-Iron belonging to Jane Bell. She used this revolver during her bounty hunting days, and had her initials engraved on its handle. Ol' Blue can be upgraded like other weapons but it will become a normal Copper Sharpst Quick-Iron.
- Wilson Service Rifle is another unique weapon, which belonged to Glenn Wilson, the founder of Dagger & Bones Trading Company. It's said to have silver inlay and the butt's engraved with Glenn's name. This rifle is needed to complete an unmarked quest during the Protector Journey and for the achievement Healing Old Wounds.
- The reloading animations actually reflect the number of bullets need to be reloaded. Having a magazine of 12 bullets, Quill & Medley Spiritstouch revolvers' reloading animation is the longest.
- Some civilians will raise their hands if aimed at. Others express dismay or hostility but otherwise ignore the protagonists.
- Gowser Service Rifles are made by Gower, a legendary gunmaker from the Old Home. and only a limited number of the rifles were brought across the seas.
- Bolt-Action Forester is the weapon of choice of the Dagger & Bones Trading Company.
- Despite being called bolt-action, the Foresters appears to be level-action.
- Item Description - Gowser Service Rifle:"Gowser was a legendary gunmaker in the Old Home. Not many pieces made it across seas."