Jurassic World: Dominion Dominates Fandom Wikis - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Ranged weapons consist of revolvers, shotguns, rifles, and bows. Ranged weapons can have Weapon Perks.
- Each weapon has five different rarities: basic (1 star), copper (2 stars), silver (3 stars), gold (4 stars), and legendary (5 stars). They can be upgraded from one tier to the next using ore nuggets, up to the Gold tier.
- Legendary weapons cannot be upgraded from gold weapons, and need to be acquired in the following ways:
- Bought from stores that randomly have them on sale.
- Looted from silver chests (low chance).
- Found in Treasure Hunt quests (low chance).
- Each type of ranged weapon benefits from a group of abilities corresponding to that type.
- Ranged weapon can be scrapped to gain a few rounds of Ammunition. Scrapping sometimes yields iron slags, and on very rare occasions, metal ores.
- Aiming with revolvers does not slow down movement speed, whereas aiming with other types of ranged weapons does.
- A Gold Gowser Service Rifle can be found in the armament room in Somnolence. To acquire this, however, the protagonist needs to steal from the Oneirists.
- The trader at Fort Glenn has a high chance to have a legendary bow, together with a legendary Vest, on sale.
- A Gold Bow of Mikinaak can be found in front of the house in Foxglove.
- Bows have a unique mechanic that allows the protagonists to stand close to a source of fire or poison and turn arrows into elemental ones. Elemental arrows deal extra damage and can cause burning and poison status respectively. It's also possible to shoot normal arrows through fire or poison to turn them into elemental arrows.
- Bows are also silent weapons and can be used to pick off enemies without alerting others.
- Ol' Blue is currently the only weapon that can be upgraded to Legendary tier.
- Ol' Blue is a unique Sharpst Quick-Iron belonging to Jane Bell. She used this revolver during her bounty hunting days and had her initials engraved on its handle.
- Wilson Service Rifle is another unique weapon, which belonged to Glenn Wilson, the founder of Dagger & Bones Trading Company. It's said to have silver inlay and the butt's engraved with Glenn's name. This rifle is needed to complete an unmarked quest during the Protector Journey and for the achievement Healing Old Wounds.
- Ol' Blue was originally named Bodstock Harvester during development. There is an advertisement mail that still mentions new Bodstock models.
- The reloading animations actually reflect the number of bullets that need to be reloaded. Having a magazine of 12, Quill & Medley Spiritstouch revolvers' reloading animation is the longest.
- Some civilians will raise their hands if aimed at. Others express dismay or hostility but otherwise ignore the protagonists.
- Gowser Service Rifles are made by Gower, a legendary gunmaker from the Old Home, and only a limited number of the rifles were brought across the seas.
- Bolt-Action Forester and Black Mountain Widowmaker are the weapons of choice of the Dagger & Bones Trading Company.
- Despite being called bolt-action, the Foresters appear to be level-action.
- Item Description - Gowser Service Rifle: "Gowser was a legendary gunmaker in the Old Home. Not many pieces made it across seas."